Wednesday, December 22, 2010

comfort food

My friend did a facebook status asking what our favorite comfort food was growing up/is now. For me it would definitely be......

Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and corn.

Yep, that does it for me.

When I was pregnant with the twins, I craved mashed potatoes and gravy. Oh and to mix the corn in with it. I would beg my dad to make it for me. I couldn't wait til Thanksgiving- turkey, mashed taters and gravy {duh, corn, too}

Surprisingly, I don't make fried chicken. Hardly ever. It takes too long and I have too many children to be in the kitchen for a long period of time. For us its casseroles or crockpot. Thats how we {I} roll.

Lately my parents have been making that for our monthly family birthday parties {love}

and tomorrow, thats what I'm making ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment